Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 34 - Experimentation, Organization and Research

Today, after some job hunting, branding and in-general yapping, er networking, I took my productivity in a whole new direction. Allow me to elaborate with one of my favorite writing weapons: My friend, the bullet point(s). (Hello bullet points! So good to see you. Please take it from here.)
  • Experimentation: I conducted an extensive search (at least 2 Google search result pages) on neti pots. Upon reading at least 4 separate accounts of its effectiveness, I then determined to find the poor man's alternative (I mean really, do I want to spend $10+ bucks on this?) Upon ascertaining that you can use a rubber bulb in a neti pot's place, I cleaned out an old ear bulb (yes, it is gross but I did clean it first)  and proceeded to inject luke-warm saline water into my nostrils. Results: 1. I looked like an absolute fool with water trickling out of my nostrils and down my face and neck. (Hence, no pictures for this entry.) 2. Perhaps I didn't use enough force when injecting the water. I only felt it trickle into my throat once. I think it's supposed to do that more often. (Perhaps use a garden hose next time?) 3. My allergies actually felt a little better afterward. Conclusion: Poor man's neti pot works.
  • Organization: After a nap to recover from the potting, I knocked a tick off my lay off list and organized my food pantry. This is the first time in my life I have accomplished such a feat. First. Time. I now think that should I have a stranger march into my house and declare that he will fix me dinner, he will have little to no problem locating the two cans of beans, tea, cereal, peanut butter and various storage bags now properly housed there. Conclusion: The work actually gave me something that makes me happy about the pantry other than the food itself. And food makes me very happy. Success.
  • Research: Dominick Dunne told me today who killed Peter Shellard, an Australian millionaire in 2005. (Sidenote: Thank you, TruTV. I'm becoming quite fond of you despite the misspelling.) He was tortured and killed by two drug addicts and his girlfriend. Intrigued, I decided to Google "millionaire australian murder" and see how our wealthy friends fare down under. Herman Rockefeller met some swingers who promptly murdered him and burnt his corpse on Australia Day. Michael McGurk was gunned down in front of his son, with some believing it was due to a recording he may have had that could devastate (and decimate)  the New South Wales government. Conclusion: Stay the hell away from Australia if you are rich. Just in case.
Now if you'll pardon me, I've embraced the theme of government corruption and am one click from watching Red Riding 1974. TTFN.

No comments: