Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 11 - Enjoying the Little Things, Despite the Drizzle

Today, in honor of my new job-free status (yes, I'm milking it a bit), I got up early, leashed up the dog and headed out to Lady Bird Lake for a walk/job, er, jog.  

Despite today's slight drizzle, it's always a beautiful place to work out - trees arching into the water, ducks jobbing, er, bobbing in the water, runners in size-six spandex (both men and women, everyone is slender in Austin) and an occasional vaguely evil-looking person trudging by in a dirty coat.

The dog enjoyed the walk/jog. Heck I did too. One-third of the enjoyment was the fact that, on a Monday morning, I still feel like I'm playing hookey. Two-thirds stemmed from the fact that it's a natural boost to job, er, job, er JOG - all the endorphins and such. 

Good times, despite the drizzle. Give me a good view, my crazy dog and a pair of sneakers. I'll appreciate 'em, now that I've finally got time to. 
 

No comments: