Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 28 - Selling off my Experience (Just like Undergoing Medical Experiments! Whee! Here Comes the Needle!)

My latest obsession? Trolling Craig's List for one-offs. 

Hello marketing research company that needs information about how I shop for goods online. Oooohhh - I get a $50 gift card for a half-day's work? Insert squeal [here] (and be sure it is piercing.)

Hello conference calling firm that would like to record to the last nth my experience with different products and services. For you, I shall be the queen of conference calls. And in return, I shall get a $50 honorarium. (Do you see a pattern here in remuneration?)

Folks, I am one step away from responding to some oddly phrased ad in a college rag: "Wanted: People with a high tolerance for pain, no immediate family members within a 50-mile radius and a healthy appreciation for meat by-products. Apply at post office box FIRESTARTER." 

No comments: