Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 68 - Oh Cripes. It's Day 68.

Did I mention it is day 68 of unemployment? 68 days. This is certifiably the longest I've gone in my life without employment (and yes I'm counting college. And high school.) I wanted to put a little perspective around this length of time, so I fleshed out some comparisons.

If my unemployment term was a baby, it's gone from a soft-headed, squint-eyed (all newborns I've seen are squinty) ball of flesh to a rolling, grabbing terror (still with a soft head but slightly less softer.) 

If my unemployment term was a Toyota, I'd be signed up for a class action law suit (that damn thing did not slow down!)

If my unemployment term was beer, I'd have almost 11 six packs (and the makings of a great party.) 

If my unemployment term was enterprise technology, it'd still be gathering specs with an implementation scheduled for early 2011. (Huh. That one actually makes me feel better. Much better.)

No comments: