Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 4 - Paper Death

Today my mailbox yielded not one, not two but THREE envelopes from the TWC.

Item one: Hey, we got your claim. This is how much you'll get in benefits ... IF it goes through.


Item two:  Hey, when you start to get your money, do you want us to withhold taxes?



Item three: Hey, read this 30-page pamphlet to figure out how to get a job.


It's death by paper. I'm being buried alive in paperwork and its only day 4. Calgon, take me away.*


*Note: If you are under the age of 25, you probably have no idea what this references. Unfortunately, my translator Chloe Destini Hailey Dakota is unavailable at the moment. She's heralded as the Gen X Whisperer and devotes herself to translating for Gen Y. For example, in this case, she'd probably go at it like so: IOW, SC RTFM. (She's going to humiliate me for that one.)

No comments: