Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 99 - Nice Wake Up Call

My normal schedule during the morning (if it can be said that I have a normal schedule other than waking at some point and stumbling around like a fresh zombie) is to get some coffee and turn on the news. Most often, I start with CNN, get the main stories in 15 minutes and then flip away to avoid the news repeat cycle. My fist was wrapped around the remote, ready to click when my blurry eyes saw a Neutrogena commercial.

It was simple - a shot of the famous amber Neutrogena bar (or sewer water color if you prefer). The voice track says (to the effect of this, not word for word - remember this is 6:30 am), "When you were 14, you relied on Neutrogena to keep your skin clear and clean."

Ok, fair enough. I was more of a Noxzema chick, but many teens did use Neutrogena.

Then the picture shifts to a Neutrogena tube of some sort (magic cream, I'm sure.) The voice continues, "A few years later, you rely on Neutrogena to fight wrinkles."

A few years later? It's hard enough to be dated material in the world (Oh, she's over 30. That's a shame.) but now we're having to battle wrinkles at the age of 16? Great way to 1.) add to the insecurity of teens everywhere (16 and hag bound, baby!) and 2.) piss off anyone over the age of 16 (Now that I can legally vote, it's all downhill from here.) 

See? This is the kind of crap we have to face in life AND work. Btw, what's my expiration date again? 

1 comment:

The405Club.com - (Un)Employment Network said...

You don't have an expiration date! I hope you find a job soon! Come by and visit us sometime, maybe we can help: http://the405club.com – (Un)Employment Support Network on $405/week but rich in talent!
Oh and we should feature your blog on our Sunday Blog Brunch feature soon! Just answer the questions in this form: http://the405club.wufoo.com/forms/sunday-blog-brunch/.
Hope to hear from you!
-Garrett
The 405 Club